Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Home"

After arriving at JFK, I rented a car and drove to Locustwood Cemetery to visit my Mom.  There I was able to journal and remember how we went to college together, how she typed my papers with her 'one finger' style late at night while I slept, how she put together holiday dinners, how she touched so many student's lives as an English teacher, how beautiful she was as a teenager, how she always had music on in our home which is why I know the words to every show song and standard, how she especially loved "My Ship," how she cared for her mother, how she wrote letters and poems and loved to draw, how she made sure I got a guitar, and how she made me feel very special and loved.  I know she is a happy, free butterfly somewhere....


Then I went to visit my Dad which was wonderful.  I am so proud of his routine, how much he has learned on the computer, how he is loved by so many where he lives, how he keeps my mom's memory alive in his home, how he exercises, how he keeps up with the news and his strong opinions, and how kind he is.  We had a lovely dinner with my sweet brother Gary and Donna.





And then the flight 'home' to San Diego.  Where my true home is I still have yet to discover.


I awakened to the sad news of the bus bombing in Jerusalem.  


No comments:

Post a Comment